What is Counseling / Psychotherapy?
Counseling/Psychotherapy is a collaborative effort of the client and the therapist to help the client to resolve current difficulties they might be experiencing. The client is the expert on their life and the therapist provides a set of psychological tools that allow the client to build their resilience and find a new outlook on life.
What age group is catered for?
- This service caters for all age.
What is involved in a typical session?
- A typical session lasts 60 mins and consists of self-exploration through dialogue, discussion and exercises.
- Some of the exercises can include expressive arts/art therapy that is integrated into this work when required. Clients do not have to be artistic to express themselves in a visual medium but it can be cathartic/revealing what comes up in the expression of feelings through art.
How often is this service available and where?
- Sessions are usually run in my private clinic in Kildare Town, on a one to one
basis, normally once a week or whatever suits the client.
Joan Conlan B.Ed, B.A. (Hons) NAPCP(National Assocation for Professional Counselling & Psychotherapy)
- My name is Joan and I am a fully accredited Psychotherapist/Counsellor with NAPCP (National
Association for Professional Counseling & Psychotherapy). I have worked in private practice in Kildare Town for the last 8 years.
- I work as an Integrated Person Centered therapist, I believe that everyone has the power within themselves to resolve whatever is going on in their lives but they may need help to get through a challenging time.
- I accompany them on their life journey for a period of time; when they are empowered and more resilient they will bring their newly acquired skills forward for the rest of their life journey.
Please contact me directly with regard to booking an appointment.