What is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness means maintaining a moment by moment awareness of our feelings, thoughts, bodily sensations and surrounding environment through a gentle, nurturing lens.
Mindfulness can be expressed in many ways, it is about being in the present moment, in a non-judgemental. It brings a sense of calm to a busy life/mind when there is a need to be "right here, right now" and not dwelling over the past or racing into the future, but being aware of this moment. When we practice mindfulness, our thoughts tune into what we are sensing in the present moment, rather than rehashing the past or imagining the future.
What to expect from a mindfulness session?
- Whether a group session, or a 1-to-1, the session will focus on awareness of the client’s current status. Whether stressed, anxious, tired or a multitude of emotions, this session will allow the client to self-regulate in a safe environment.
How long will each session be?
- Each session takes place for an hour, however, workshops will be two to two and a half hours
Who is mindfulness suitable for?
- Mindfulness can benefit everybody, from all ages and all walks of life.
How often are these sessions offered?
- One-to-one and group sessions are available upon request.
- Mindfulness For Life is a 9-week programme of 2 and a half hours per week and one full day.
- Workshops will be organized throughout the year.
Joan Conlan B.Ed, B.A. (Hons) NAPCP(National Assocation for Professional Counselling & Psychotherapy)
I qualified as a Mindfulness Facilitator in Scotland in 2019 after a years training in the “Mindfulness For Life” program. I have completed the SOMA (Teenage Mindfulness Facilitator Programme) in 2019 in Scotland and their Youth Mindfulness Facilitator programme for children in 2016 in the Marino Institute in Dublin.
Training as a mindfulness facilitator came from a personal need to find a sense of calm and meaning in my own life after a bereavement. I have walked the walk with mindfulness.
Please contact me directly with regard to booking an appointment.
"I attended a mindfulness course run by Joan and thoroughly enjoyed it - I found it to be one of the most useful tools to help me in times of stress or sadness. Joan is a wonderful facilitator who shows empathy and understanding in all she does."